What you are asking for is illegal in many countries.

It is not unusual for there to be confusion about
what you have a RIGHT to from SSA under your license to use BPCS or AS/SET
what you have to PAY for every time you upgrade your AS/400 hardware, under your SSA license to have BPCS some place.
There are different kinds of SSA contracts with different rules.
More often than not there are people at SSA who are confused.
You need to get clarification of YOUR contract.

We have in the past delayed upgrades of AS/400 to avoid having to pay fees to SSA or other places. Management thought the advantages of the AS/400 upgrade were not justified by the fees we had to pay to move our software to the replacement box. And of course we told IBM the reason why we were not buying the next box upgrade.

If you can figure out what the fiscal year is for the division of SSA that you deal with, you can sometimes negotiate sweet deals near the end of their fiscal periods.

Hi !

I have a AS/SET Permanent Key for one AS/400 but i'm upgrading my machine and SSA is becoming difficult to give me a new permanent key. I'm thinking in change the program CA9598C. Somebody has the source of this program ?

Thanks

Guy Roberto Pacheco
SHN Sistemas de Informática e Serviços
Tecnologia