Depending on your version of BPCS, I think that consuming from forecast is
based on SYS800 corporate parameters or an entire facility, and cannot be
set differently by different customers or their orders.  I could be
mistaken.  I do all my BPCS_L responses from home PC (I now work 4 nites a
week) in which there is a LOT of BPCS know-how in my head, but not easy to
quick check verify I got everything right on.

If that is true for your version, you might consider creating a special
facility just for that customer, actually produced in another facility via
DRP then inventory transferred right before shipping.  Perhaps a bit
cumbersome.  We have something similar where we created item #s for some
stock raw materials that we make, and then several customers order some of
our stock, but we like to track sales by customer end item#, so we
manufacture using our stock item # then transfer to the customer item#
right before shipment.

We do not use firm planned orders.  We use MRP-based reports to show what
is needed, then adjust quantities based on production efficiencies (our
bottleneck is setup time, so we group orders that use similar setup) and
the act of releasing shop orders is what firms up the MRP planning.  We
also have a query listing WIP due dates vs. MRP suggested changes, so that
we can adjust open shop orders in sync with customer order requirements
evolution (actual due dates and quantities get moved).

Another thing you can look into is dynamic safety stock for those
components of the customer that have the longest lead times.

We are in the process of evaluating the use of forecasted orders to help
us on long lead time items for one specific customer.  I've searched the
archives, and I've seen where you there is an order type which consumes
the forecast.  What order type is used on the forecasted order, and what
order type is used on the actual order?  Do people typically use firm
planned orders?  Any information on the subject is much appreciated.  TIA.

Jenny
--
-
Al Macintyre (macwheel99@sigecom.net via Eudora)