Jim,

While I agree with my somewhat overzealous consulting counterparts in that
you need help with this (BTW, folks, some of those notes bordered on bannable
offenses), I think that you have "bigger fish to fry" than getting MPS/MRP up
and running at your site.  First, one of the reasons that "Old SSA" is no
longer around is the lawsuits involving V5 coming out so close to Y2K, yet
not being Y2K compliant.  The second problem is that the only V5 version of
BPCS that could even pretend to function as a fully integrated system was
V5.2.  Finally, this version of BPCS is no longer supported by SSA, so you'll
be on your own to figure out why things aren't working.

MPS is, indeed, part of MRP so you should have it.  Whether it works or not
is another question.  If you weren't using it at the time, I seriously doubt
that the millennium retrofit team did much due diligence to ensure that the
functions performed as expected.

Newer versions of BPCS perform admirably.  You might want to consider
upgrading to one of them.  However, unless you have a knowledgeable planning
person that has the time to sit around and play with V5.1.01 BPCS MPS/MRP to
see if it fits your needs, I wouldn't suggest wasting your time or money (or
consulting dollars) on an unsupported product.

JMHO,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA