Al,

macwheel99@sigecom.net writes:

> Mohammed, you should send reply direct to Melissa, not to the BPCS_L list.
> You might also want to check out WWW.BPCSJOBZ.COM

Thanks for the help, this was entirely correct.

> I hope I not getting too personal, but you might also consider
> Americanizing your name.
>
> Due to the war declared upon America which became obvious to everyone last
> Sept 11 (the war started earlier but most people in America, including me
> and many government officials who should have known better, were not paying
> attention), there is grave danger that Arabs and  Moslems who are totally
> loyal to our western civilization may suffer job discrimination by people
> who judge on basis of name rather than on basis of checking out the person.

I take back the thanks.  This was entirely uncalled for, and would result in
your permanent removal from the list were it to happen again.  I am quite
sure that Mohammed is fully aware of the current situation and may make any
choice in that area based upon his own feelings -- without any input from the
"peanut gallery".

WHAT THE F...HELL WERE YOU THINKING???!!!  To write something like this,
especially on Independence Day of all days, is the most insensitive thing
that I can imagine.  A person comes into this life with only three things:
their life, their family, and their name.  To suggest that someone could
change the latter as they would a shirt is utterly ludicrous.

A hundred years ago, you might have considered the same thing since Scots
were among the "undesirables" emigrating from Europe.  Not much longer ago
than that, you might have been paid a half pint of whisky to perform a task
deemed too dangerous for slaves, because they were actually worth money.

I have not worked this hard to develop an international list, let alone
support the Muslim businesses in my prejudiced small town since 9/11, just to
let an insensitive lout destroy it all.  I have known, worked for, worked
with, sometimes lived with, lodged, and entertained people from the Middle
East my entire adult life.  You need to educate yourself mister, because
they're not all screaming lunatics with bombs strapped to their waists.

DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN...

Dean Asmussen
BPCS-L List Administrator
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

(My apologies in advance to those list members that might find this missive
offensive)