From: bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com] On
Behalf Of MacWheel99@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 11:49 AM
To: bpcs-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: SFC100

Ping

Thanks for keeping us informed on your version with each post question.

Are you saying that both regular & alternate operations are concurrently
active & BPCS order release selects on the basis of which work center is
not
yet over capacity?  That sounds so cool.  I never heard of any such
thing.
Perhaps someone can tell me if that is available to BPCS 405 CD.

Our situation is that we don't much worry about capacity, it is material
lead
times & setup times that are the killers.  We have some parts in which
the
efficient way to make the product is order size dependent, due to the
role of
setup time.  At time of release of shop order from MRP250 information,
we
need our production manager to be able to decide which method makes
sense.

Method codes can be used, if the part has been setup to support both
methods
concurrently.  We are not using this heavily as yet.  I think we need to
figure out how to make notes visible on MRP250 so that the production
manager
sees that some quantity required is close to, or has crossed thresh
hold,
such that the other method is indicated as wise to consider, but not
show the
notes when other method threshhold not in the picture.

> From: fupingren@yeah.net (Ren Fu Ping)

>  Dear All,
>
>          We are on As/400,BPCS version V6.1.01.
>
>         AS all know, BPCS allow user to define active operation 10
(belong
> work centre 101) and alternate operation 20 (Belong to Work centre
102) in
> SFC100. But Problem is that if two different items have the same
active
> operation 10 (W.C. 101) and alternate operation 20 (W.C. 102) , also
have
> sequence number, that is to say, Work centre 101 is shared by two
items,
and
> Work centre 102 is shared by the same two items alternately. and if
work
> centre 101 loading  CAP computed by bpcs is over normal capacity, IS
BPCS