I have found some cost buckets that do not add up right.
They are off by like 0.00001 to 0.00010 mainly in the previous level actual
cost.
There are far too many for me to be fixing via DFU, like I fix the negative
costs.

Our low level codes are A-Ok.
We manage our data by facility.
We roll standard costs via CST600
We update actual costs via CST900

I figure that this is probably being caused by an SSA bug in CST900 where
they often multiply absurdly large work fields without making proper
provision for rounding ... in other words if you do arithmetic with the
largest possible fields that IBM supports, you have to arrange for the odd
numbers flying outside those field sizes & SSA habitually does not.

I am contemplating writing a program to recalculate cost bucket zero of CMF.
Other costs like CIC & IIM would reflect the old bad bucket zero of CMF.
I am wondering if the next time there is an update to CMF, that new value of
CMF would be propagated to CIC & IIM & anywhere else, or if they get changed
by the amount of difference that CMF got changed by.
In other words perhaps it is smart in addition to program to recalculate CMF
cost bucket zero to also propagate that correction to CIC & IIM & where else
does it belong?

May I assume 405 CD does not come with any software to do any of this that I
can help myself to?

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire
engineering company: fax # 812-424-6838