Bob, we are 405 CD Mixed Mode & it is possible I do not correctly understand
the question.  Normally production is sent to a customer, not a vendor.

We manufacture then ship the customer.
What we manufacture rarely sits around gathering dust between time of
completion & time of shipment.  Basically the only time this might happen is
if the customer wants a shipment of some large quantity that will take us
several days to finish, so the first day's completion will sit around waiting
on the last day's installment.

We did have a situation with a labor management dispute a few years ago where
there was a question of whether the union workers were doing their job right
until the dispute was settled, so we added another warehouse for inspection
by someone outside of the union membership before the validated product went
to our customers.  In this scenario, the production finished the job, the
merchandise was transferred to another warehouse that was physically in
another building, but so as not to have to mess with the customer orders, we
had the warehouse logically in the facility whose union work force was under
temporary suspicion.

We also have several IN TRANSIT warehouses.
John Q Public picks up a load of stuff at facility A & drives it to facility
B, but John has other errands to run & forgets that OUR STUFF is in his
pickup truck, or truck of personal auto, or whatever.  So the IN TRANSIT
warehouse of stuff from A to B or from B to A includes a LOCATION
representing the employee vehicle involved.  This is a non-nettable
non-allocatable warehouse.
There are 2 transfers involved: from original facility to employee vehicle
when leaves from facility; then from employee vehicle to to facility when
arrives to facility.
The IN TRANSIT warehouse helps us remind John what is on its way to A & what
is on its way to B.

We have another scenario of sending out samples, when there is an engineering
change, or a new customer part.  We need to have shipping documents on
everything that leaves the building, but samples are non-billable. We also
have what are called inter-company where one facility manufactures for
another & we do not want to be printing play money invoices on ourselves,
then having ourselves doing payables & receivables play money transfers
within our own facilities, but we do want the costs to get transferred when
one facility invests $ in WIP that moves to another facility.  We use a
mixture of approaches so that the shipments, that we do not want invoiced,
are picked, confirmed, ship documents, relieve inventory, relieve
requirement, but no invoice created.  Check out DRP & ORD order types.

Yet another scenario involves shipments out of the country.  The customs
forms & shipping documents have to have information like invoice # & total $
info that we normally do not have until invoicing.  Fortunately BPCS provides
the capability to "correct" shipping documents after we have invoiced the
normal way ... post ship billing is another animal.

We also make provision for non-BPCS documents to handle the odd scenarios
that violate BPCS rules.

We do not use lot control.

We have several customers on what they call JIT, which means they don't know
until after the last minute what they need for us to ship them.  They do not
want us to over-ship, relative to what they not know until after the last
minute that they need sent.  I do not know how this scenario is handled.

> rgauthier@mariettacorp.com (Bob Gauthier)

>  We are on Version 6.01.01 Mixed Mode:
>
>      I would like to know if anyone has done or has the same request from
>  a  vendor.  We have a contract vendor who wants to be invoiced at the
>  time the product is produced and then have us store and ship the
>  finished/good product latter to different locations when needed.
>
>  Question:
>      1. How do we invoice & post to A/R at the end of production.
>      2. Store in inventory by lot-# at no value in a "Q" status to be
>  checked and
>          released before shipping
>      3. Pick, pick confirm, and ship confirm & know releive inventory
>  without
>          creating a invoice.

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire