  • Subject: Re: Pick Confirmation with missing ITH Records
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:01:14 EDT

From Al Macintyre on 405 CD

I have not seen your phenomena but will be looking to see if we have it.
We do not process by consolidation, rather interactive by individual order.

There has been some discussion of establishing a separate JOBQ just for the
shipping personnel, but the problem is that some shipping work is done from
work stations that should be using the same JOBQ as most all other BPCS work.
 We do have a couple JOBQ intended for jobs that we know will take more than
a few minutes, redirected there so as not to clutter JOBQs intended for stuff
that should never take as much as one minute.

ORD570 ORD590 etc. generate "B" transaction in ITH & create ES* shipping
records & do some updates to EC* lines.  I have only seen "B"s on ECL not ECS.

There are records in BBL that only exist after the shipping activities but
before the billing.

BIL500 creates the SIL output, RAR etc. driven by combination of BBL contents
and choices made by user on BBL screen.  Sometimes due to someone currently
updating, via ORD500 or other option, one of the shipments in BBL, that
shipment does not get invoiced until a later run.  In this instance we have
the ITH but not the SIL until conflict resolved.  We now find the offender
via WRKACTJOB & 10 in front of all the individual people, which is a fast way
to 5-11

There are also updates to the SS* files & I am not sure at what point in the
process that happens.

Later there may be a need to do some corrections to invoices, via BIL600,
which creates much of the same stuff as BIL500, but does it also do B into
ITH ... I don't think so.

How do you know the ITH transactions are missing?
There have been past threads on getting sequence #s messed up so that records
that are in fact out there are not correctly read by some programs.

> From: ghunter@clover.co.za (Glen Hunter)

>  Please could someone possibly help, I have a problem that occurs on a
>  fairly regular basis.
>
>  When processing ORD570, certain lines on an order with sifficient stock and
>  stock allocated, do not get a ITH record posted to ITH but the ECL & SIL
>  files are updated correctly, the rest of the order lines for the same order
>  go through normal. Only when you try match the ITH records to SIL do you
>  find that lines are missing from ITH.
>
>  The site that this occurs on is a rather busy site and there can be more
>  than one person processing different ORD570's, we process by consolidation
>  number in batch.
>
>  Has anyone out there experienced the above and if so what was the cause and
>  what was done to correct the problem.
>
>  Regards
>  Glen Hunter
>  Clover S.A.

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---