We are currently testing 6.1.01 MM as an upgrade to our 6.0.02 C/S environment.  We have found that there is no ability to insert a line into an order during order entry.  The insert line function is available in our current 6.0.02 C/S and we designed the order entry process around the ability to insert lines.  We realize now that we are using the only BPCS version that has the ability to insert lines and that it was never supposed to be there in the first place.  But during BPCS implementation, we did not know this and designed processes around inserting lines.  The reasons why the sequence of lines is important are too deep to get into, but the bottom line is that we cannot upgrade unless customer service has the ability to insert or re-sequence lines and then validate and accept the order (or quote).  There is an E BMR from SSA that has been assigned a long time ago but the chances of getting it done any time soon are not very good.

SSA says it is a major database change to have the ability to re-sequence line numbers on an order because of the number of files that are affected.  I want to ask those who are familiar with modifying order entry what the implications are of inserting or re-sequencing line numbers on an order, especially ones that have been partially shipped?  How much programming would be involved in creating a insert or re-sequence function?

We are also looking for a resource that may have tackled this problem before or one that can handle fixing our problem.

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tony Kleier
Robbins Sports Surfaces
akleier@robbinsfloor.com