From Al Macintyre

Today our Payables Clerk showed me a problem & I am somewhat clueless &
asking for hints where to look, because this is not an application I remember
messing with, so I am not real knowledgeable with how it functions.

We use Vendor Terms Code "D" due in one day for bills that arrive, get keyed
in one day & paid almost the next, such as
State & Local Tax Bills
Payroll deductions aggregate to bank accounts like Xmas Club / Savings / 401 k

I was shown how last week's went in correctly, when the date was January ...
key one day, due day is next day.
I looked in vendor terms ... they looked in agreement with this
but bills entered 2/06/01 with vendor terms D, and some back dated a day
2/05/01, they all ended up with a due date of 3/01/01 with discount 2/28/01

We just had fiscal EOM last weekend & our current GLD period runs from
2/04/01 thru 3/3/01 (MDY).

I looked at the various files managed by ACP file maintenance & they look
consistent with the way things represented to me supposed to work, but of
course if I never have occasion to look at something, I not familiar with
what is normal.

We are on 405 CD Rel-2 with some BMRs.
WRKOBJ tells me that 75% of our ACP5* objects are in base BPCS 405 CD
in which ACP500FM ACP500 ACP504 ACP525 showed up in PTF-1 then REL-2, had no
involvement in the Y2K BMR bundle, but then after that we had a BMR 46907
allegedly to fix a payment date problem, which is exactly what we now
experiencing.

I went to OSG & did a search & found nothing of relevance ... incidentally if
you have not been to OSG in the last couple days, you owe it to yourself to
take a look ... SSA GT has had a very nice face lift there this week.

I also checked BPCS-L archives & was reminded that BMR 46907 fixed the fact
that discount terms date math quit working Feb 1999, so our Payables Clerk
was correct when she said she thought February gives BPCS some kind of Y2K
indigestion.

I am going to suggest she back date some to Jan 31 & see if they go in
"correctly" for that date.

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---