From: owner-bpcs-l@midrange.com [mailto:owner-bpcs-l@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Chick Doe
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 8:01 PM
To: BPCS-L@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Performance

I THINK I'M IN THE RIGHT AREA.. ON 6.04 THE ORD701B ORDER POSTING JOB IS
SUBMITTED USING A JOB DESCRIPTION OF 'ORDERPOST'. WHETHER THIS IS HARD CODED
INTO THE PROGRAM THAT SUBMITS THE JOB OR WHETHER IT IS A PARAMETER SOMEWHERE
I'M NOT SURE. ANYWAY, THIS JOB DESCRIPTION SPECIFIES THAT THE SUBMITTED JOB
SHOULD RUN IN THE 'ORDERPOST' JOB QUEUE. I BELIEVE THAT IF YOU FOLLOW THE
BPCS STANDARD INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION THEY CONFIGURE THE QINTER SUBSYSTEM
SO THAT THE ORDERPOST JOB QUEUE RUNS AS A BATCH JOB WITHIN THIS SUBSYSTEM.

WHAT CAN YOU DO TO RUN THESE JOBS IN QBATCH?  BELIEVE THAT YOU COULD MODIFY
THE ORDERPOST JOB DESCRIPTION SO THAT JOBS SUBMITTED USING THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION RUN IN THE QBATCH JOB QUEUE.

BUT FROM WHAT I  SAW ON YOUR ATTACHMENTS, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS. I
SAW SEVERAL CFG640 JOBS THAT HAD BEEN SUBMITTED BUT MOST OF THEM WERE NOT
ACTIVE BECAUSE THEY WERE WAITING FOR A LOCK TO BE RELEASED. YOU MIGHT WANT
TO RESERVE A HIGH PRIORITY JOB QUEUE JUST FOR THE ORDERPOST JOBS AND SINGLE
THREAD THAT JOB QUEUE.

CHICK DOE
BARTON INSTRUMENT SYSTEMS

>>> stagis@fansteelvrwesson.com 11/30/00 01:38PM >>>
I hope I didn't say 4.05CD.  This is running COM on V6.1.01.

What I've found is that every job description and workstation data area
points to QBATCH.  All reports, etc., are running in there.  The problem is
that the posting and validation programs are being submitted to jobq QINTER.
I've gotta find how to change the name of the jobq that they're being
submitted to.  The recommendation that I move the BPCSJOBQ from QINTER sbs
to QBATCH sbs won't work because it's actually using jobq QINTER...did that
make sense?

All my system parameters point to QBATCH.  For some reason, these programs
are being submitted to QINTER.  The user's screen is clear and he/she is
free to enter another order, but the order that they just posted won't be
'valid' for a couple moments while it's being processed.  Does that make
more sense?