  • Subject: RE: Producing Checks from BPCS V6.1.01
  • From: "Melissa Urban" <murban@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:59:27 -0400

We are running Optio as well with BPCS 6.0.04.  Our checks are blank stock
and we print everything including the MICR and check number on them.  Optio
has been set up to increment the check number when printed.  You can also
set it up to print signatures based on conditions such as currency and
dollar value.  A couple of other benefits we found with this combination is
when bank accounts are changed we don't have to toss out the old checks, we
print a second copy of the check on regular paper for our AP files and a
control document is printed in the controller's office when checks are
printed to show what was released to print for internal audit control
requirements.

As you can tell we are big on Optio.  You can design everything in house,
you can use it for all spool files and if you need to you can do calls to
the BPCS database to pull data that may not be standard on the BPCS spool
file output for a print job.

We definately recommend at least calling them to see a demo.  There fax
server product is pretty good to.  We use that for our weekly releases.

Melissa Urban
Director MIS & Business Processes
Schukra of N.A.

+---