  • Subject: Re: ORD570 lock ups ---- feedback
  • From: "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:35:16 -0500

Hello,

Installing an OPS Service pack for the client will not help on the release
of BPCS Martha Bayer is on (6.0.02). They are using COM (fat client) for
Order Entry, and this has no common code with OPS (thin client). Only 6.1.00
runs Order Entry via the Thin Client, making a service pack have an affect
on this program.

Likely there was not the same 'Lock Up' problem as described in BMR43360,
which is what the OPS Service Pack covers. Had anyone checked to see if
there was some performance problem on the server, leading to the client
'waiting' indefinitely (and appearing thus to be locked up)? To really
analyze this issue further, I would also be looking on the server for the
job the PC Client is attached to and ensure that job is running as expected.
They should determine if the server job on the AS/400 is looping or is
having a performance issue. If there is a performance issue, then clearing
the files mentioned will help because the work files will be small again (it
is always good to keep these files cleaned up on a regular basis). If there
is no performance issue then this won't help, and looping or other things
will need to be looked into.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA