99/99/99 is in actual fact valid when selecting a date range. We use DDMMYY
in BPCS CD REL02 and it works fine.
See below an extract from our BPCS Users Manual. This info would have been
obtained from the release documents.
Date Processing in BPCS CD
All Screens and Reports show a 2-digit year. To process dates correctly
there is a system parameter called Century Break Year. This is set to 40.
All years less than 40 are processed as 20xx years. Therefore year 2000 is
entered as 00 and as this is less than 40, the system processes and stores
it as 2000. Similarly 1999 is entered as 99 and this, being greater than 40,
is processed and stored as 1999.

There are 2 exceptions to this rule

0/00/00 which is treated as valid and is processed and stored as Year 0
99/99/99 which is treated as valid and is processed and stored as Year 9999

Some Reports and Inquiries have the following Defaults:-
Lower Date Range 0/00/00
Upper Date Range 99/99/99

Some Masterfile Maintenance Programs have the following Defaults:-
Effective Date 0/00/00
Discontinue Date 99/99/99

Where required, these dates as entered as 000000 and 999999 respectively.