  • Subject: Re: Version 6.1.01 - Problem Getting ALAUNCH Daemon To Stay Active
  • From: "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:28:10 -0500

The TCPIPJOBD is generally used for this purpose. It contains the
library/job queue name to which jobs will be submitted. From what I heard
from speaking to the SSA Helpline, your company had not tested any ALAUNCH
connections in base 6.1.00, and then put on 6.1.01 right away (which is
fine), but I mention this to point out that the problem likely existed since
your install and has nothing to do with the cume level, and in fact also has
nothing to do with the new release level of BPCS. It is a simple
mis-configuration, the sort of thing that could occur at any version 6.x
release of BPCS.

This is because the install programs for BPCS put the job queue in QSYS (I
know this is not very good, but that is what it does - there is a BMR
against it, but because it is an install issue and already cut to media it
must be corrected at a future main release). And according to Helpline, you
had deleted the job queue in QSYS because your 6.0.02 environment ran in the
job queue in QGPL. When you do this, you of course need to change the job
description that controls the job.

This is all mentioned in the installation instructions for 6.1.00, where it
tells you how to remove the job queue in QSYS and what to change in BPCS set
up in order to make the jobs run in the same named job queue in library QGPL
(so that future system upgrades don't overwrite the BPCS job queues).

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA