  • Subject: Re: CMF - how could it be possible?
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 05:25:33 EDT

We are on BPCS 405 CD on AS/400 V4R3 & within recent months have had an
increase in understanding CMF thanks to discussion on this site ... you might
try to get in habit of stating your version of BPCS & computer platform since
for some questions this does make a difference.

First, you might want to check if there are any other records for other
buckets for your example.

>  Item  fac     Cstset    CSTbkt  CSTthislvl
>  ABC   SW        1                 10000
>  ABC   SW        1        1         8000
>  ABC   SW        1        2         2000

In this example, cost bucket 0 is perfectly valid because it is the total of
buckets 1 & 2.  As I now understand it, data can get into CMF by a variety of
means ... you key to CST100 but that is not the only way.  Suppose someone
does some routings or BOM for item ABC facility SW that belongs to cost
bucket 2 ... this will create a CIC record ... then suppose you do a cost
roll up ... this will create a CMF record ... suppose the data that caused
cost bucket 2 was in error ... you still got cost bucket 2 to clean up.

If you do CST300 you hopefully can see where the other 2,000 is coming from,
then tell whether or not it is correctly there.

>  From:    Qin_Huang@schindler.com (Qin Huang)
>
>  Dear all,
>
>  we have a facility 'SW' and in CMF file is like for example item ABC which
> has records like below:
>  Item  fac     Cstset    CSTbkt  CSTthislvl
>  ABC   SW        1                 10000
>  ABC   SW        1        1         8000
>
>  This confused the user because from CST100 what they enter is 8000 to SW ,
1,
>  1,  but what they see from Inv300 the price is 10000.
>
>  So my question is, from where Generates this increasement and how to avoid
> it?
>
>  your kindly help will be very much appreciated.
>
>  Huang Qin

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor
+---