  • Subject: RE: DRP module implementation
  • From: klvanhorn@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 16:22:30 -0500

David,

We are on 6.0.04 HP/Oracle.  We use the DRP module.  Your assessment is it
is fairly simple.  Here are a couple of hints of things to watch for.
1.      Items in the "to" facility must be master scheduled in CIC.
2.      Lead time in the CIC uses the shop floor calendar, lead time in DDR
does not.  DRP assumes the truck drivers will drive over the
weekend/holidays, and that is usually true.
3.      Do not delete DRP relationships if you have outstanding planned or
FPOs.  These will hang out there forever.  Enter an end date of sometime in
the past in DDR, run DRP, then delete the DRP relationship.
4.      Be very careful in releasing re-supply orders in DRP540, it is very
easy to release all.  This is not a 2 step process like in MRP540 or JIT540.
5.      You cannot firm planned re-supply orders in MRP510, you must use
DRP510.  (Some of our users forget to switch back and forth).
6.      You will need to create a report to catch differences between what
facility A shipped and what facility B received.  Somehow these don't always
match.  We have a designated person in each warehouse to help track down
differences.

That's the short list.  Hope it helps.

Kent Van Horn
Business Process Analyst