We are HP/Oracle 6.0.04.

I'm not sure what you are looking for here, but here's a few of the basics:
*       A Bill of Resource is an average production rate for a family of
products.
*       It works well if your planning bill part number = your bill of
resource part number
*       Bills of resource are created in CAP140
*       Workcenters must be setup as a "critical workcenter" in CAP100
*       The "manual entry" flag preserves adjustments made manually when you
reload the Bill of Resources.
*       When running Rough Cut (CAP500) only master scheduled items are
considered.  Make sure your Bills of Resources are set up as master
scheduled.
*       Rough Cut only uses planned and firm planned orders.  Open shop
orders are not considered.
*       As far as how many critical work centers you can have, hopefully
someone else will share their insight.  Our largest has 15 workcenters, but
it looks like you can have more than that.

I hope this helps.  If you have more specific questions you can contact me
directly.

Kent Van Horn
lkvanhorn@huntel.net
(402) 533-2312