  • Subject: Re: V4R4 and logon in Bpcs
  • From: "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:41:21 -0500

Hello,

As an FYI, that NEWI message is likely a "red-herring" (false lead). Chances
are that this message is in your job log anyhow, prior to the performance
problem you are experiencing. More likely cause for the problem is listed in
the Info APAR for BPCS, II11801, which asks you to order a BMR from SSA to
correct the problem. The SQL optimizer changed behavior between releases of
OS/400 and the access path it previously used to access BPCS security files
is no longer choosen at the new OS release, so the SSA BMR delivers a new
logical file for you. This speeds up the BPCS user security checking during
sign on. This started happening at V4R3 and forwards.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA