> From: nsangameswaran5@usa.net (Narayan S)
>
>  Does anyone has the listing of all the major transaction files
>  in BPCS ver6. How it gets updated? And also how is the interface
>  from other modules to financials.

I can answer part of this ...

how stuff gets updated, in general, is by using the applications the way
people were educated to do when BPCS was installed ... this is not a product
you can put on your computer then sit back & expect it to work right without
massive education for the people who will be using it ... part of the cost of
buying the package is buying the relevant education for your people, then
making provision for continuing education as you hire new people & as people
move into new responsibilities for which they did not get BPCS education.

the DSL manual would have the whole entire picture of file & interface
innards from perspective of computer management & power user enhancements
the UPI manuals have the major files by application with update paths from a
realistic user & management by application
the ancient SSA documents have the general picture of BPCS flow which of
course will not be up-to-date with latest new applications across versions
SSA's installation & conversion documents have massive lists that sometimes
are not as helpful as operating system simple directories
There's also your on-line documentation which aint good but starting point
for sites that either cannot afford the education or have stuck a task to
someone who does not have access to the manuals - does your security let you
work menu DOC?
have you checked OSG for a more recent picture?

We are on BPCS405 CD & we know that there are a lot of files supplied by BPCS
that our SYS800 applications & rules do not need ... it is just non-obvious
from on-line documentation which they are ... I wrote a query with CL to
DSPFD *OUTFILE all the BPCS file libraries, then print out the physicals with
non-zero content & some reference information on activity, for sharing with
folks developing queries ... after I spotted them connecting to empty files
that had interesting names & this also helps me see which queries need to be
replaced with HLL ... like when someone query combining ITH & CMF that asking
for trouble due to sizes of those files.  You could use similar ruse to get
at directory of which of the files in your v6 your installation is really
using & how heavily.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor

+---