  • Subject: RE: BPCS ver 6 Financials information
  • From: "George Sagen" <gsagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 13:26:24 -0700

Your question is very general and probably cannot be answered easily on this
forum. Here's my 10 cent answer to your 100 dollar question.

1. Files beginning with the letter 'G' are the CEA files. They contain the
setup of the CEA programs and the GL transactions.
2. Study the ATP Configuration Guide. Since macros define the subsystem
tables and fields used to resolve account segment values and Debit/Credit
amounts, it is fair to say that the macro tables are the agent from the
subsystem programs to the financials. Start with the subsystem you want to
know about and turn to that section in the manual. Look at the Macro
Availability Table for the specific program you are wanting to ledgerize. It
will tell you what tables are available from which you can create journal
entries. On the pages following that, look up the individual tables and see
the fields you can use to construct journal entries.

Finally, (shameless commercial plug) call a consultant. A good one (like my
humble self and my esteemed colleagues on this message board) can help get
you up to speed much quicker than you could on your own.

Best Wishes

George Sagen CPIM, CNE
PrimeSource Technologies, Inc.
A METAMOR WORLDWIDE COMPANY