  • Subject: RE: Barcode module for BPCS
  • From: "Rob" <stagis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:30:10 -0500

If you have an IPDS printer (we used a 6400-series printer), then all you
have to do, in the externally-defined printfile is use the BARCODE keyword
on the field you want to bar-code.  If not, you're pretty much out of luck,
I think.  The BARCODE keyword is pretty simple to use, allowing various
code-types and sizes.  I did this in a high-volume shop not running BPCS.
We printed upwards of 7,500 packing slips a night at times, and the printers
(6412's, I think) were just fine.  For these impact printers, we DID end
having to use standard IBM ribbons, and change them every day for the
scanners to read the codes.  The aftermarket ones smudged...