  • Subject: RE: ASSET Y2K bug?
  • From: gmihajlo@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:21:37 -0600

Thomas,
there was a posting on this list few days ago by Geniphyr Novak who explained
that this problem is fixed by SSA in BMR53955 (actually in BMR 44270 whose
description I added at the end of my text, but this one was superseded by
53955). You need to order Y2K BMR Bundle for ADK (for version 6.0.04, or 6.1.00,
depending on your ADK release) from SSA Helpline and this will take care of your
problem and other potential Y2K related problems as well. There was a number of
other postings on this list in past 2-3 weeks, which talk about workaround to
this problem and also about Y2K compliance of various ADK releases. You might
want to check them out, too.
Regards,
Goran
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 MR Number:44270
Priority Code:B
Version Reported:6004
Platform Reported:AS400
Program:ADK
Origin Code:E
Completed Date:09-29-99
Rejected Date:00-00-00
Rejected Reason:
Next MR Number:53955

Saved Definition not Y2K compl
If you save a program definition when editing the definition in the year 2000
the system date is saved to the WKH file with the century equal to 0 rather than
1.  This causes problems even if you make no changes and select exit without
saving, the restoring saved definitionprocess will restore the last definition
saved BEFORE 01/01/2000. THIS BMR IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE 6.0.04 ADK CUMULATIVE
AND IS ALSO NOT IN 6.1.00 ADK BASE RELEASE AND SHOULD BE ORDERED FOR EITHER
RELEASE OF ADK. BMR is superceded by BMR 53955.

"Wolf, Roger" <Roger.Wolf@garmin.com> on 01/14/2000 12:36:28 PM

Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com