  • Subject: Re: PUR500 Performance
  • From: "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:05:49 -0600

Hello,

I searched OGS in the BMR database and found that in fact there are some
open BMRs on PUR500 performance after 1998 (everything else should be in
your cume level). Maybe you were searching the wrong database or got too
specific in your query? Several of them list logical files to build (if you
are Unix you would build an index then with the same keys) as workarounds.

You can search the BMR Infobase on OGS using 'PUR500*' (this brings in the
entire PUR500 'family' of programs) in the field that searches the entire
database, and then search on 'd' priority code - for performance issues. You
should read the BMRs to see if they describe the performance issue you are
seeing.

You might want to contact the US or UK Helplines for Unix technical
assistance in determining if the performance BMRs match what is happening
for you, and could assist you in figuring out what else could be causing the
problem if it is not the actual software. I hit 3 open BMRs that appear
after 1998 -

BMR Number:  41592
BMR Number:  43472
BMR Number:  44844