  • Subject: Re: lots per invoice line
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 01:28:23 EST

Every shipment has a document number issued at the time of the shipment.
We need to modify this some time so that the number is truely unique &
incremented for the people.  There are files associated with shipping that
can be accessed if you have that document #.

Our shipments might have several different item#s on the same shipment &
invoice.

Try SIH which used to be SLH on BPCS/36 or was that SIL?

We like SIH because it has the Pricing at time of shipment, which sometimes
changes over the life of a customer order.  However, SIH might have similar
downsides to you than ITH.

Every Line Item on every Invoice, corresponding to the Line Item on original
ECL order, writes a record to SIH & the line numbers are interlinked.  It
might not have all the data you need, but it is a start.  There is a document
# associated with the ESH shipping record, which can be used to "correct" a
mistake & reprint the shipping document after billing, and then generate a
corrected invoice.  We have not done this, so I do not know exactly how it
works out.

We modified our invoicing to print the shipping document #, and a lot of our
users access a diversity of files using that control number.

We are on BPCS 405 CD & do not use lots - I am just trying to be helpful.
We can have one invoice for one order, or several invoices for one order, one
shipment or several shipments for one order.  I do not know how that plays
out for lots.

We have some customers who want the line #s on their PO into our system so
that when we do a shipment, it says line# such & such on their PO, and there
might be a whole bunch of different line #s on same PO & same customer order.

Normally we can have several customer orders with the same PO#, but on
occasion we screw things up so that one customer order has more than one PO#
... another thread.

Al Macintyre

> Subj:  lots per invoice line
>  From:    brucebarker@iquest.net (Bruce Barker)
>
>  Thanks to all who responded.  I should have given more info in my first
>  message.  I had thought of both the ITH and the EIL.  We can't use the
>  ITH due to shipping the same order multiple times in the same day.  The
>  EIL is useless to me because all of the records have a zero for the
>  invoice number.  This was the first time I had wanted to use the EIL for
>  anything and I don't know if it is normal to have zero for the invoice
>  number or not.  Does everyone else seem to get accurate invoice numbers
>  in the EIL?
+---