  • Subject: Re: Old Orders & Y2K assumption
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 04:07:16 EST

> Subj:  Re: Old Orders
>  From:    bpcsmaynez@yahoo.com (Jesus Maynez)
>
>  Thanks for answer,

<snip>

>  How often do you run PUR900?
>  We run Pur900 during the month end process,
We also

>  > Point 5 ... are you current on Y2K bug fixes?
>  Currently, We are not working with that, We move to
>  BPCS last year because this issue, and everything was
>  set up and check it in that time.

You might want to verify your status.

We migrated to a version of BPCS that was "allegedly Y2K compliant" when we
did so a year and a half ago, but SSA has had a steady stream of fixes of Y2K
bugs.  I found out on other threads of BPCS_L about this situation & in the
past 2 months have installed over 1,000 SSA fixes, just because of Y2K ...
actually only 10% of them were to fix Y2K bugs, but it was simpler to get
current than to just extract the Y2K bug fixes, some of which had
dependencies with other BMRs.

Testing can be a nightmare.  There are automated tools for testing fixes from
SSA or for our own internal modifications, but we are not using any.

Al
+---