  • Subject: Re: Change of accounting year
  • From: Francois Charbon <cipe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 07:22:56 +0200

Sorry for my bad english.

I have worked on versions 2,3,4,6 (0.2 and 1).
You cannot use a ledger in versions 2, 3, 4. This object does not exist (the
ledger and naturally the book do not exist).
It seems to me that you can do the following :
1) To make a closing of the company which the calendar is form June to July.
2) After closing, to change the calendar (to re-define a calendar based on the
calendar of the other company).
3) To start again.

Regards.

Martha Bayer a écrit:

> I'm in 6.0.02 and using CEA so I know what I would do.  I don't know if it
> works the same in 4.05CD.
>
> 1.      Set up a new period table.
> 2.      Set up a new ledger using the new period table.  It should have the
> same chart of accounts so that your models will still work.
> 3.      Change all of your events to post to the new ledger.  Either change
> the existing event sequence, or add another sequence if you need to post to
> both for awhile.
>
> "I think... therefore I am single." - Liz Winstead
> Martha Bayer
> Badger Mining Corporation
> 920-361-2388
> mbayer@badgerminingcorp.com