  • Subject: Re: Performance Wastage
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:58:46 EDT

From:   fkolmann@revlon.com.au

> The point I am making is the utmost inefficiency of this process.
> If one was to design a function so that it would be as slow as possible
> then that is exactly what SSA has  done.
> This entire scenario repeats all throughout the 6.04 processes.

We also find it in 405 CD ...

We run shop order purge at least once a week.  We have approx 1,000 to 2,000
shop orders open per facility & in a typical purge less than 1,000 actual
shop orders actually go away, but the accompanying report tonite was 20,000
pages, which is not unusual.  Reports of this size are going to get deleted
off spool because they are just too large for anyone to try to grasp what the
data is trying to tell us.

We had an SFC600 problem a couple of days ago ... I think what happened is
too many cooks - one person entered the day's labor tickets for an area of
the company, then before the batch updated, some other person closed out one
of the orders involved in the batch (human error - they meant to close out a
different order), so SFC620 was 15,000 pages of the same error message line
about a ticket being on an invalid order.

Al Mac
+---