May want to make sure these are part of our 6.04 scripts.

andrew_murphy@uk.xyratex.com (Andrew Murphy)@midrange.com on 08/05/99 03:55:58
AM

Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-bpcs-l@midrange.com

To:   BPCS-L@midrange.com
cc:    (bcc: Ted Butala/Trubyte/Dentsply)
Subject:  Re: (Y2K)

We have recently completed our Y2K test using BPCS 6.0.02 PLF Mixed-mode August
'97
cumulative. We conducted 4 tests with the AS/400 set to different system dates:

09th Sep 1999
31st Dec 1999
01st Jan 2000
29th Feb 2000

In summary the problems encountered were:

   * Our temporary key did not work and required a BMR
   * Order Entry - When user enters any 'Dates' with just the Year and no
     Century     (e.g. 00 for 2000) then the system assumes this is 1900. This
     only                 occurs when the Machine Date and PC Date are not set
in
     the Year 2000.
     Solution:- If users need to enter Customer Orders in 1999 for the Year 2000
and

     beyond, they need to type in the 'Dates' in the format CCYY (e.g. 2000).
     This is not considered a problem.
   * For 90 day payment terms 29 Feb 2000 (i.e. the Leap Year) is not recognized
     when calculating the due date. So, for an invoice raised on 31 Dec 1999 the
Due
     date is 01 Mar 2000.
   * When running the MRP Exception Report (MRP200) by Planner when the Machine
Date
     is set in the Year 2000 it falls over with an error.
   * When entering the date range to select Shop Orders for release,  the date
in
     the format DDMMYY (e.g. 310100), which is normally entered, is not
recognized
     for Year 2000 and beyond.
     Solution:- Enter the date in the format DDMMCCYY (e.g. 31012000).

As you can see we didn't find any serious problems and those that we did find
have
work-arounds. We also have BMRs for all of these problems and will look to apply
them before September when we will be running a final test which will include
many
of our modifications and reports.

We are also looking at the OGS BMRs and will apply any which we feel will be
appropriate.

As far as AS/SET is concerned, we have applied several BMRs to our 6.0.04 level
-
these are on OGS

Hope this helps,

Andrew Murphy