  • Subject: Re: Excess BPCS file members
  • From: Ata510@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 22:38:22 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/99 12:08:43 AM Central Daylight Time, davem@drme.com
writes:

> I just went through a BPCS 4.04 to 4.05 CD conversion with one of my
clients,
> and
>  there was a program to remove the empty workstation members included in
all
> the
>  tapes we received.  The command gives you a prompt for the BPCS files
> library,
>  you press enter and after awhile (it might have been an hour or two), your
> empty
>  workstation members are gone and you get a list of the members removed.  I
> intend
>  to keep using it.
>
>  Program/command is RMVWMBR - Remove Empty Workstation Members in PFs and
LFs
>  We received it in library SSACNVDRV - BPCS Conversion Library for Driver
> Programs
>
>  There is a comment in the source for the CLP RMVWMBR that says it was
> written 26
>  Sept 97.
>
>  It seems to get rid of most of the junk members and leaves the members that
>  should be left in the files.  Since SSA has had this program for so long,
> one
>  would think they could make it available to their customers.  Give them a
> call
>  and see if you can get it.

Great idea! This actually is available by loading the BPCS AS/400 Conversion
programs - these conversion tapes are FREE(!) from the SSA Helpline if you
have a support contract. . .

You would have follow the first few steps in the instructions to load out the
conversion libraries in order to get the SSACNVDRV library. I think this
library is from the standard "Conversion for AS/400", and not the BPCS CD
conversion itself (it's a two step process if you are below version 4.04 and
need to get to 405CD - first convert to 4.04 or 4.05 level, then century date
conversion to 405CD).

If I recall, there is a step in the conversion documentation that talks about
using this command before beginning the conversion in order to save
processing time. Once you find this program, just delete all the other stuff,
and there you are. The conversion libraries are not very big anyhow, so
this program.

+---