> Subj:  MRP & Shop Order FSO_SRSDT 405 CD
>
>  E-mail really from Al Macintyre - using Tim's PC at work

Thanks anyway - I figured it out, with help from MRP209

>  When the Re-Schedule date from MRP in Shop Orders is a field filled with
9's
>  does that mean forget it - recommend de-expedite or even close the shop
>  order?

It means we should kill the Shop Order because the Customer Requirement has
evaporated - this order should not even be on my new report.

>  When Re-Schedule MRP in Shop Order is a real valid date
>  does that mean that instead of the original date created at shop order
>  launch time, MRP is recommending that we use this other date for what?
>  Completion Due Date or does it mean something else?

It means it is recommending an adjustment in due date, because either the
Customer Requirements have shifted, or the Factory is not doing things in the
right sequence - I should use this date instead of the launch date in my
SFC230 clone.

>  When Re-Schedule MRP in Shop Order is a blank field
>  does that mean that MRP has not yet hit the relevant items since the shop
>  order was released
>  or that the original due date is still A-Ok right on good correct valid?

It means this shop order is now overdue - I should print the original due
date & flag it as overdue.

>  Our latest scenario is that at one level of plant management they want shop
>  orders released to the point that the work force can be kept busy, without
>  waiting on additional data generated off the computer, or paperwork
shuffled
>  through production control, while at another level of factory supervision
>  there is poor visibility regarding relative priorities between similar
>  orders, so they often end up producing sub-assemblies that are not needed
>  for several weeks, sacrificing raw materials & worker capacity that results
>  in stuff that was due last week not getting done.
>
>  One idea in the works is to replace the intermediate work file of SFC230,
in
>  a clone of that software, leaving vanilla intact, with one that is
sequenced
>  by real due date, wire gauge, wire color, electrical attachments, etc. and
>  replace prompt screen to offer range selection based on facility and
>  department.  So I am interested in where & when the MRP Re-Schedule Date in
>  the Shop Order comes from.
>
>  Although we report labor via JIT, we mass release our shop orders via SFC,
>  then occasionally manually release individual orders based on customer
>  panics.
>
>  Thanks for any clarification.
>
>  Al Macintyre
+---