  • Subject: Re: ** BPCS S/36 4.4B to AS400 BPCS 6.1Mixed Mode **
  • From: Ata510@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:11:02 EDT

In a message dated 6/21/99 5:17:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
MacWheel99@aol.com writes:

>  This is outside the area of responsibility of SSA help line.
>  They will support various official Y2K compliant versions of BPCS.
>  Conversions are not their cup of tea.

Conversions ARE inside the scope of the SSA Helpline. The AS/400 Technical
team supports BPCS conversions. They do not support old BPCS releases (for
bug fixing) but DO support upgrades from normal releases of BPCS which have
SSA tools to convert them. But as you have found out, System 36 is not the
most usual upgrade request, and not many people know how to do it anymore.
Perhaps the right person did not assist you, but they DO support the SSA
conversion tools. Any standard AS/400 conversion is fully supported from 2.09
up, but yes, System 36 is rare, and many times if the situation is
complicated by hardware/software problems, they will request Professional
Services assist you instead. NO ONE on Helpline anymore was around when the
System 36 conversion was invented, so yes, skills are lacking. Ask to speak
to another consultant if you don't find one that seems to know what they are
talking about. There are 1 or 2 Helpline folks there who are familiar with
the System 36 procedures in general.

Usually the problem is converting modifications or modified files - that is
indeed outside the scope of Helpline. There should also be some FAQ entries
on OGS to look at.

+---