  • Subject: Re: Events Processing - 6004 HP/Infx
  • From: GaryWWest@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:19:28 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/99 12:10:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
gsagen@primesourcetech.com writes:

> Mark,
>
>  Back on 6.0.02 HP9000/Informix I found several instances where, though the
>  BPCS application response time was slow, if I took the raw SQL, plugged in
>  values in place of the question marks, then dropped the statement into
>  DBAccess (or any other tool) the database returned the resulting record set
>  lightening fast. In those cases (I think INV300 was one culprit) SSA
changed
>  the application code and performance improved though the SQL statement
>  remained static. So my question is, is it really the SQL statement, or is
it
>  what BPCS does with it? My experiences with Informix were that it was very
>  fast, and relatively easy to install and configure.

Most of the SQL's are just fine and work pretty much as well as native I/O.
The remaining will kill you due to poorly written statements, etc. Frequently
these can be helped with proper logical files, but some times you have to
correct the SQL, or convert it to native I/O.
+---