  • Subject: Events Processing - 6004 HP/Infx
  • From: "Mark Curtis" <mark.curtis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:23:05 +0100

We are experiencing up to a 20 minute wait to get into a journal using
Events Processing.

Has anyone else had similar problems (I note BMR 49122 is down to address
this issue) ?

If you have and have solved it (e.g. by adding additional indexes) please
let me know as I am being moaned at daily by our accounts staff.

the culprit appears to be an SQL statement fired by the program :

  SELECT

lhid,lhldgr,lhbook,lhyear,lhperd,lhjnen,lhjnln,lhian,lhdram,lhcram,lhdrat,l

hcrat,lhlsts,lhstat,lhldes,lhjrf1,lhjrf2,lhdref,lhddat,lhreas,lhbkov,lhuser

,lhdate,lhtime,lhlock,lhsumf,lhsln,lhtsn,lhtrnn,lhdrmr,lhcrmr,lhstmr,lhjnml
     FROM GLH WHERE (LHLDGR BETWEEN ? AND ? AND LHBOOK BETWEEN ? AND ? AND
    LHYEAR BETWEEN ? AND ? AND LHPERD BETWEEN ? AND ? AND LHJNEN BETWEEN ?
AND
    ? AND LHJNLN BETWEEN ? AND ? AND LHID = ? AND LHLSTS BETWEEN ? AND ?)
    ORDER BY LHLDGR,LHBOOK,LHYEAR,LHPERD,LHJNEN,LHJNLN

that causes a sequential scan of the whole GLH (500,000 + records in our
case)

Regards
Mark Curtis
IT Director