  • Subject: RE: BPCS V6.0.02 and OS/400 V4R4 Problems
  • From: gmihajlo@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:12:20 -0500

You might want to check the IBM info APAR: II11801, that is updated from
time to time with the latest info on known AS/400 problems that affect BPCS
and OS/400 PTFs available. APAR can be ordered as any other PTF from AS/400
by SNDPTFORD, or found on IBM AS/400 Support Web page:

http://www.as400service.ibm.com/supporthome.nsf/home/Software+Problems+-+AP
ARS

under:  Technical Info & Databases --> Software Problems - APARs --> All
APARs by Component
and then search for above mentioned APAR.

Regarding the patch you've heard from Don Mercer, it might be the problem
I've reported to IBM
regarding SQL performance on V4R1, V4R2 and V4R3, for which they've created
 APAR SA81512 and
provided us with the temporary patch (which is a kind of 'test PTF of a
test PTF') originally.
Last time I've checked, PTF for V4R2 that fixes this problem was in test
status and PTF# (for
V4R2) is SF56972 (make sure you get necessary pre-requisite and
co-requisite PTFs when asking
for test PTF). For other releases, you can contact IBM Support and they
will provide you with
coresponding PTF# and current status of it.

Goran

Marc Chartrand <MarcC@eicon.com> on 06/17/99 09:06:20 AM

Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com