I will do that.

I have some problems that need to be solved.

        1.- Getting a dedicated machine
*       I have CL written to "disable" user profiles and then "enable" them
when the process has finished
*       I have a daily backup routine that I run through the job scheduler
that restarts everything at 23:45.  It also stops IP from running so no body
can get  an IP connection and run jobs
*       What I have not solved is making sure that QBATCH does not have jobs
stacked up in the queue to execute after I have started the month-end
process.  WRKACTJOB does not have an outfile associated with it and that
really makes it tougher to get the info I need to cancel any jobs that are
running.  Because we are client/server, SNDBRKMSG does not work but is a BMR
that I requested.  Who knows when an "E" BMR will get done.  I am guessing
that holding the QBATCH jobq would be the simplest answer.

        2.- Getting the programs submitted
*       I have a copy of the CL program SYSOVRC - that is what runs and it
shows(???) how the parms are put together.  Just have to interpret what it
does and then apply it to my situation.  Seems like a lot of "hard coding"
will occur and I just hate to do that.  Sooner or later that tends to bite
you bad.
*       When you work with the SBMJOB command and are prompting for the
parameters, you have to key the 2nd one in hex and that does not give you
enough room to enter 512 hex characters.  I have keyed what I could and then
looked at the source it created and then just added the necessary characters
to get to 256.

        3.- Testing all these scenarios
*       I do have a production machine and a test/dev machine.  We have only
been "live" since 8/1/98 and still have "major" problems to get corrected.
I spend most of my time working with other departments getting the "bugs"
worked out.  I also have a plan in place for getting 3 environments set up
on the test/dev machine where I can run through the month-end process till I
have it working.  Very hard to do that on the production machine.
*       What happens now for month-end is another member of the
implementation team and I come back after hours (9:00 PM) and do
"EVERYTHING" manually.  New Years Eve I would prefer not to be at work
running month-end so I really have a strong desire to get this automated.

I would like to hear what you have attempted and what your thoughts are.

Thanks - Dennis