  • Subject: Re: Y2K testing
  • From: Chuck Lewis <CLEWIS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 23:00:41 -0400

Lisa Abney wrote:

--- stuff deleted ---

<(we won't even talk about trying to get a 4.0.5 version of BPCS that would run
on a
Risc box - right, Chuck?  Of course, that had nothing to do with MS4!)>

THAT's for sure - if it hadn't been for Eilsa, NOTHING would have gotten
done... I
HOPE she is one of the ones SSA kept. The biggest problem HAD to be Covey and
his
minions... ALL we wanted was a RISC version of their STUPID install/key
program. We
HAD 4.0.5 CISC but had upgraded to RISC and hadn't even THOUGHT this would be a
problem, They ACTUALLY said that they could NOT provide this - they had NO
master
tapes or anything... WHAT a way to run a company - I can only hope for those of
you
using SSA products, that the new folks at the top treat customers as CUSTOMERS
and
not some necessary evil (although compared to what we went through, that might
have
been nice..)

<One final note ... when we made the decision to go with MS4, 4.0.5 CD was just
being
announced, and we had some inside sources at SSA confirming it was still
vaporware.>

Yep, I STILL think 4.0.5 CD was done to avoid getting their BUTTS sued off; but
basically say SCREW YOU to everyone who was paying YEARLY MAINTENANCE out the
BUTT,
they decided to CHARGE for it - a PERFECT example of the type of clue less
arrogance
that has gotten them in the mess they are in NOW...

I'm ok now... <BG>

Chuck

+---