I'm not sure what the original poster was looking for, but the request
for methods to emulate a subfile would, in my mind include a desire to
have column headers remain visible when scrolling through the subfile.

My need was to be able to have a tabular report which was longer than a
single page, but retain the ability to see the column headers and
footers. The CSS solution of scrolling the body of the table while
leaving the head and foot sections fixed was ideal, unfortunately IE is
not compliant with this part of the CSS spec, so I had to force it to
work.

Most elements can be made to scroll, which element you use should
depend on what you are trying to accomplish.

Joe Lee

>>> meovino@xxxxxxxxx 10/26/2004 17:50:11 >>>
You can also throw your content into a <div> that has the height,
width and scrolling options set to limit its size and allow scrolling.
 This has the same limitations as a scrollable table -- newer browsers
only.

What kind of effect are you going for?  If you just want to display a
bunch of data, Scott Klement is right.  An HTML table is really all
you need.  Browser users are used to vertical scrolling.

Mike E.

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:20:13 -0700, Joe Lee <leejd@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually I believe this capability is a function of CSS , not
> HTML/XHTML. You need to use the <tbody></tbody> tags along with the
style
> of the <tbody> element to specify the size of the element and then
also
> specify overflow:auto or overflow:scroll. This will give you a
fixed...