To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paul Nicolay <Paul.Nicolay@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/04/2015 07:54AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] EDi 9.1 and eGit

But it doesn't even answer the most basic question... why should I branch for just a small fix in a program, or even for writing an additional program ? To me it feels like doing lots of useless work since the chance of conflicts is so small (but maybe that's the nature of RPG programming which is non intrusive) that a warning on a merge is more than sufficient.

So I'm looking for a concrete example on how to do this with eGit as I posted recently (which BTW introduces an issue when different members are changed by both users).

I just don't understand that something as simple as I'm trying to do causes me so many headaches :-(