Dave Shaw wrote:

2 reasons [why I update IM] in my case:

1) I saw Jeff's post and was curious.

2) When people install here, we tell them to install with the updates. Since I've been tagged as the 'go-to' guy for WDSCi, I have to try to keep track of what's going to happen when they run it so I can answer any questions that they throw at me. They like it better when I can say "I don't know why they do it that way, but don't worry, it'll work" than when I say "Gee, I've never seen THAT before". I'm sure you know how that goes.
Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. The folks doing updates are the vanguard. Either the ones who are testing the WDSC waters, or as in your case the ones tasked with keeping the others productive.