Hi David, Here are a couple things to try: 1. Prompt the STRRSESVR command, hit F9 to show additional parameters and enter your PC's IP address (or hostname) in the remote location name parameter. By default this is *RESOLVE in which case the command tries to resolve the client IP address from the 5250 telnet session. In some cases this doesn't work, or if you previously overrode this value then it will be trying to connect to the last IP address / name you entered (in which case you might want to try *RESOLVE to reset it.) 2. Make sure the RSE communications daemon is running inside of WDSc. On the pull down menu for the Remote Systems view (this is the updside down triangle) you should see "Stop Communications Daemon". That typically means it is already started. You could also run the DOS command "netstat -a" and looking for a something listening on port 4300. 3. The last thing to check is if the new computer has a firewall installed on it that might be blocking the incoming socket connection from the iSeries on port 4300. Hope this helps. Don Yantzi WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries IBM Toronto Lab Phone: (905) 413-4476 IBM internal: IBMCA(yantzi) - Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx "Schouten David" <David.Schouten@P inkRoccade.com> To Sent by: <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wdsci-l-bounces@m cc idrange.com Subject [WDSCI-L] RSE server not working 08/05/2004 02:46 part 2 AM Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries Yesterday's post: Hi, i'm using WDSCi 5.0 and recently got an new computer with windows 2000 sp4 on my desk. I installed WDSC on it and configured the usual stuff . After a few days of coding I noticed that I cannot run interactive task because I cannot get the RSE server running. Just I few days ago, everything worked just fine on the other machine so it has to be something on this machine. The other machine was on win2000 and sp3. So i'm guessing the sp4 is the problem. If I start the RSE server I get the "Connection name not ... " or something like that. Then when I enter the exact command again the process says "Starting RSE ..." and then nothing happens for a while and after a couple of minutes I get "SOCKET ERROR" I don't understand what's wrong. Can somebody help me? I used an network sniffer to see what's going wrong. But I'm not a TCP/IP expert and maybe someone in the mailinglist is. I attached the tcp/ip log to this message. The log is from the point where i have requested an interactive call and websphere asks me to start a rse-server in an client access. I type the command (STRRSESVR name(<name>)) and hit enter. Then I get the "connection name not defined" (WHICH IS). That's were the log stops. <<tcp.log>> I have contacted the iSeries admin and he said nothing changed there since the last time it worked. So the problem is the machine i'm working on. _______________________________________________ This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list To post a message email: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/wdsci-l or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2014 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact