MIDRANGE dot COM Mailing List Archive



Home » WDSCI-L » August 2004

RSE server not working part 2



fixed

Yesterday's post:
Hi, i'm using WDSCi 5.0 and recently got an new computer with windows 2000 sp4 
on my desk. 

I installed WDSC on it and configured the usual stuff . After a few days of 
coding I noticed that I cannot 
run interactive task because I cannot get the RSE server running. 
Just I few days ago, everything worked just fine on the other machine so it has 
to be something on this
machine. The other machine was on win2000 and sp3. So i'm guessing the sp4 is 
the problem. 

If I start the RSE server I get the "Connection name not ...  " or something 
like that. 
Then when I enter the exact command again the process says "Starting RSE ..." 
and then nothing
happens for a while and after a couple of minutes I get "SOCKET ERROR"

I don't understand what's wrong. Can somebody help me?

I used an network sniffer to see what's going wrong. But I'm not a TCP/IP 
expert and maybe 
someone in the mailinglist is. I attached the tcp/ip log to this message. 
The log is from the point where i have requested an interactive call and 
websphere asks me
to start a rse-server in an client access. I type the command (STRRSESVR 
name(<name>)) and hit enter. 
Then I get the "connection name not defined" (WHICH IS). That's were the log 
stops.

 <<tcp.log>> 
I have contacted the iSeries admin and he said nothing changed there since the 
last time it worked. So
the problem is the machine i'm working on. 





Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2014 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact