Mark

Windows Explorer already does exactly what I'm asking for, e.g., n the Properties dialog for multiply-selected files, the options that CAN be changed for everything that is selected are enabled, the others are disabled. This accomplishes what I described for parameters in various "Work With" screens, like "Work With Spooled Files". And in PDM, if the parameter does not apply, often you are stopped until you unselect the offending object of member. The method is a little different, but the end result is what I want. What I do NOT want is to be forced to enter the same setting on individual dialogs for multiple items.

I have the same perception as Jon gave, that those who are putting together these Windows interfaces seem not to have much appreciation of the GOOD things in PDM. The same thing applies to my perception of OpsNav. For all these tools give us, we have lost a lot, too, IMO.

BTW, did I mention the FNDSTRPDM command (option 25)? The multiple-member search in CODE is very limited - can't wildcard for multiple source files, e.g. I hope something better comes into RSE.

Vern