On 12-Oct-2016 11:45 -0500, Jose Perez wrote:
Be aware that when you pass a parm greater than 32 characters
through a CL, this parm get garbage when it is receive in the RPG
program.

Do not confuse dynamic CALL-command invocation of a PGM with program calls with variables; despite the CL is using the CALL command-statement, the variable should match the prototype just as is true for any other language calling the prototyped RPG.

The best way to send a parm greater than 32 in a CLLE is declaring
one extra parm after the long length parm which length is equal 1 and
pass this parm as empty,

No idea what the implication there was, but if I infer correctly, then I would suggest that using /tricks/ to make things *appear* to function correctly, rather than actually properly coding programs, is a poor paradigm. Perhaps if to what is alluded is not some /trick/, then probably a new\separate discussion might be of value, but probably not something best discussed as a continuation in this topic thread.

besides CLLE has a var definition type *PTR for pointer.

That of course is known; the discussion topic was all about how such *PTR typed variable should *not* be passed to the RPG for the code shown.