Can you print anything in java?

Subfiles did not get left behind, DDS got left behind.  Why? Because of that
language standardization of which you write.  Whoopee, here comes SQL.  Has
anyone seen my data dictionary or field reference files????

You're looking for the Esperanto of programming languages.  Good Luck.  I'll
take a pass.  Try and find the real Esperanto.  Are there English words in
Russian, Spanish, etc?  Sure, and vice versa (hey!  Latin!).  But the
languages are still different and will always be so.  Then we could discuss
dialects.  Perhaps with the Chinese?  Consider the different alphabets
around the globe.  Heck, put a person from NJ in a room with a person from
AL and chaos will ensue.

The advantage of RPG is that it is IBM's language.  Want something cool
added? Just convince Barbara, Hans or better yet George Farr, that there's a
business case for it and you can get it. Maybe not all of it, maybe not the
way you'd like it, but nothing's perfect -- not even the eServer iSeries
as/438.  Want a change to Cobol, C++, Java, etc?  Write up the RFC and send
it on the journey through heck and see what happens.  And when. Or be Billy
G and just do it your own way, and to heck with the common good.  Java --
RIP.

You want subfiles built into RPG?  Then what about COBOL?  BASIC? C? Java?

What you have with subfiles is basically just an API that you need to learn,
master, and get over.  You pass some information and an arcane combination
of switches and voila.  Stuff happens.  It's just another api, if you can
master user spaces, user memory allocations, list api's, etc than sfl's
should be a snap.  You get one that works and use it as a template.

What other language or system supports subfiles?  So should we kill them to
make RPG more industry standard?  Heck no!  There is an alternative to
learning subfiles... don't bother and program without them.  Maybe in
java...

In short (too late, I know) "Basic, C, Pascal, RPG" et al ARE "very unique
specific languages" that HAVE "different ways to do things, and some" CANNOT
"do some things at all."  As are Java, C++, etc.  Choose the one that works
the best for what you're trying to do.  Perhaps there's some way to imitate
subfiles using stdout?