From: owner-rpg400-l@midrange.com [mailto:owner-rpg400-l@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of John Hall
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 10:22 AM
To: RPG400-L@midrange.com
Subject: Re: RPG IV Performance

Ditto to this.  Anybody who picks RPGIII over RPGIV because of program
size really doesn't understand performance issues.  Or more to the point
is still thinking in terms of a System 36 / RPGII.

I would bet that they tried it at some time in the past and had problems
with overrides and activation groups and reclaiming resources etc.  So
they use the size issue to discourage you from using something they had
trouble with.  But really is 500K extra memory (it won't be anywhere
near that much) going to matter on a machine with say 512 Mb memory?  Me
thinks not.

John Hall

david@midrange.com