 >> No.  SQL RPG programs are minimally supported in Code

I guess it's always possible that it will change in the future, but the main
reason that you don't see Code fully supporting SQL is the same reason that you
often see the SQL pre-processor fall behind in terms of the level of RPG IV it
supports.  The pre-processor is not produced by the Code or RPG teams but rather
by the SQL group in Rochester who have not ported it to the PC.  I suspect this
is probably in part due to it being written in PL/MI and therefore not an easy
port.  The pre-proc mostly just identifies the variables in the program and then
processes the embedded SQL statements.

By comparison, VARPG uses a much better method that the compiler folks have
wanted Rochester to adopt for some time.  This uses a version of the compiler
which processes the SQL statements co-operatively with the SQL processor as they
are encountered.  This saves the preprocessor from having to worry about changes
in the langauge, only their own changes.  It would be possible I guess to modify
the VARPG version (which hooks to the DB/2 processor on the PC) to handle AS/400
style embedded SQL within the verifier but it probably wouldn't be 100%
compatible.  If you want this kind of support the place to raise the question
would be on the Code/400 newsgroup where the developers will see it.

PS to Rob - the Code support for CL prompting _is_ the SEU support - that is the
"kluge" <vbg>