  • Subject: Re: imbedded CL in RPG
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:20:26 -0500

I agree that this sample could have been prettied up.  For example:
C/CLEXEC
C+
C+     OVRPRTF   FILE(QSYSPRT)
C+               HOLD(*YES)
C+
C/ENDCLEXEC

Imbedded SQL can be prettied up.  I think that imbedded SQL is much, much, much
more
readable than OPNQRYF.

We probably won't see imbedded CL commands in RPG.  Code/400 limitation,
(duck!).
I've heard that command prompting for CL in Code/400 is kind of kludgy versus
SEU.
Does Code/400 support SQL prompting in imbedded RPG?

jpcarr@tredegar.com on 08/04/99 09:14:04 AM
Please respond to RPG400-L@midrange.com@Internet