Dan wrote:
So I check out the MS KB and strike out.  A few weeks ago I tried creating a
keyboard macro, but I failed; can't remember exactly why, but I think it had
something to do with the context in which I created the macro.
Try recording the macro again. That's the best way to start a project like that.
If there is a VBA for dummies type of book, does anyone have
recommendations?  I did VB ten years ago, and it didn't overwhelm me then.
I tried looking for one of the books I use at Amazon, but couldn't find them. Just use the search string "excel vba programming" and then read the user reviews, I think it'd be hard to go wrong with any of them.

Bill