On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:40:58 -0400, Alan E. <steelville@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: "Bob Crothers" <bob2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [PCTECH] Linux | I'd love to hear | what you think I should look at next.

=> Me too.

| Re our linux vs Windows discussion.
| Well, I pretty much make my living from Windows and OS/400

=> For this, me too, for now. But I think we have a "duty"
to get free as possible from the "licensing" lock-in. The
difference from ownership is a confusing issue for

- Alan

I started by installing linux (I use Mandrake) and playing with it. Also, subscribing to the distro's mailing lists help _alot_.

My initial goal with learning linux was to sell consulting services to small businesses. But I'm no longer a consultant so it has instead turned into a hobby. It's a lot of fun.

This is the PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users (PcTech) mailing list
or email: PcTech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
at http://archive.midrange.com/pctech.

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ and Mandrake Linux 9.1: www.mandrakesoft.com